Debt Recovery/Litigation Paralegal
Our client is a small progressive commercial law firm located in the City of London; they are currently recruiting for a paralegal to support fee earners in the commercial debt recovery/litigation department by handling cases both pre-action and in court proceedings.
The role will include:
- Preparing letters of claim and general correspondence with debtors/defendants
- Taking instructions/general communication with clients
- Legal research.
- Drafting legal documents
- Maintaining case files - Keeping client files organised and up to date in a paper/electronic format
- Preparing court proceedings and general handling of small claims file
- Dealing with bankruptcy and winding-up proceedings.
- General admin/ clerical tasks such as photocopying, making and receiving phone calls et,
Interested candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organisational and interpersonal skills and be detail-orientated. Knowledge of debt recovery procedures is essential (12 months+ experience). You must also be capable of handling a large work load under strict time constraints, be computer literate and familiar with electronic case management systems, have excellent research skills, knowledge of the civil procedure rules and experience running small claims matters.
They are willing to consider applicants ranging from fairly inexperienced in debt collection, to very experienced in debt collection and will therefore offer a salary which will depend on experience - from £25,000 to £40,000.
For more information, please contact Sarah Boxall at Chadwick Nott.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.