Commercial & IP Solicitor
Our client is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK 2017, we are immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people.
Looking for a commercial and IP solicitor for both the Birmingham and Leeds offices
Our national Commercial team works with a wide range of clients both private and public. We provide a comprehensive range of commercial services encompassing commercial contracts, intellectual property, data protection, competition, procurement and state aid, and strategically supporting supply chain management. Our clients are in various sectors such as retail, transport and logistics, media, pharmaceutical, insurance and technology and, within the public sector, universities, police forces and local authorities. We advise on a variety of contracts from day-to-day business relationships up to major projects, and have expertise in IT contracts, joint ventures, collaboration and partnership agreements, public-private projects, agency and distribution agreements, supply chain agreements and franchising.
- To advise and support clients on all matters relating to commercial law, including drafting, negotiating and advising upon the risks connected with agreements in both the private and public sector
- To assist partners with competition, intellectual property and data protection law matters
- To develop and build upon own case load of commercial matters whilst supporting partners with larger scale matters
- To draft, review and negotiate agreements
- To be involved in business development
- To supervise junior team members
The person specification
· 5-10 years PQE with a good grounding in commercial law
· Strong experience of commercial work in particular drafting and negotiating supply, services, consultancy, agency, franchising, outsourcing and general commercial contracts and advising on how to manage associated risks
· Experience of data protection and competition law drafting and advice
· High level of commercial awareness with strong attention to detail and good drafting skills
· Conscientious, hard working, with developed critical thinking abilities and excellent communication, organisation and analytical skills
· Ability to work as part of a team within the commercial team supporting more senior and junior staff and across the wider firm on larger projects
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team within the commercial team supporting more senior and junior staff and across the wider firm on larger projects
· Ability to work to strict deadlines, targets and client protocols while maintaining high standards in terms of accuracy and quality
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.