Solicitor – Commercial Property
We have a vacancy for a Commercial Property Solicitor at Assistant, Associate or Senior Associate level with ideally 2-5 years pqe to join our Commercial Property team at our Reigate office. In addition to having a sound knowledge of their responsibilities as a solicitor, and being competent in Commercial Property law and practice, the successful applicant will have very good social, interpersonal and communication skills and recognise the importance of practice development.
- To assist the department as a whole in meeting its fee earning targets by providing help regarding advice and assistance to clients of the Department as well as other Departments of the Firm.
- Conduct of matters on behalf of clients
- To supervise trainees and assist Solicitors within own office.
- Management of support services for which (s)he is responsible, including supervision of own secretary if appropriate
- Participation in marketing and networking activities whether on a firm-wide, departmental or office basis and gets involved in practice development
- Financial control with particular regard to cash-flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- To participate fully in the activities of the Commercial Department’s team
- To assist during the absence of other fee earners
- Travelling to client meetings both in and outside the UK when required
- Promoting good file management
- To maintain professional knowledge base including attainment of annual CPD points.
- To ensure compliance with Lexcel and other regulatory procedures
A good honours degree
- Technical competence in chosen area of law and practice
- Seeks to achieve targets in respect of chargeable hours, fees, recovery rate, lock-up and non-chargeable time for an Assistant / Associate/ Senior Associate solicitor
- Is developing (if an Assistant or Associate) or has developed a client/referrer base
- Understands and undertakes proper referral of work to relevant departments and development of work for other departments.
- Well-developed interpersonal, social and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and under pressure
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- A sound knowledge of your responsibilities as a solicitor including in the following areas:
- Rules and principles of professional conduct
- Client care
- Conflicts of interest
- Relations with third parties
- Relations with other solicitors
- Regulatory and compliance procedures
Desirable skills, knowledge and abilities (Competencies)
- Prior knowledge of Evolution or other office management systems
- Prior knowledge of Lexcel requirements
- Client following
- 25 days' holiday
- Healthcare cover for employee
- Contributory pension scheme (5% from employer, 3% from employee)
- Life assurance – 4 x annual salary
- Annual bonus scheme (payable in November)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Travel To Work loan scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Payment of Professional Subscriptions
- Career Development Plans
- Study Support
If you are interested, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
TWM Solicitors (www.twmsolicitors.com) is an Equal Opportunities Employer
No Agencies Please