Locum Planning Lawyer
My client is a large local authority legal team in Hertfordshire. They are seeking to recruit a Planning Lawyer to their team for an on-going, locum assignment whilst the authority recruit into the role permanently.
This council can offer an interesting range of work to the post holder. The caseload will include working on infrastructure projects for new housing and major roadworks, highways matters and specialist county planning matters.
The council will consider full or part time applications and once you are settled into the post, the council will happily offer flexible and remote working. Hourly rate is circa £35 per hour (inside IR35).
The ideal candidate will have experience working in local government or private practice advising on planning law for the public sector. Applicants should be qualified solicitors, barristers or legal executives with strong PQE gained in the areas of planning or environmental law. It is expected that the post holder will have an understanding of both non-contentious and contentious areas of planning laws relevant to district and/or county councils. It is expected that the post holder will also attend planning committee.
Duties will include:
- Undertaking complex work in relation to planning and environmental law, highways, rights of way and general local government planning and environmental matters
- Drafting a variety of documents, including Section 106 Agreements and Unilateral Undertakings (including heads of terms), Section 278 and 38 Agreements and notices for breaches of planning, highways and rights of way legislation
- Drafting Compulsory Works Orders, enforcements notices and breach of conditions notices
- Assisting clients in the drafting of planning conditions and documents for public inquiries
- Advising on waste and mineral planning matters (including planning appeals and developments plans), judicial review claims and injunctions
- Defending the Council against notices, as well as attending Court on a range of other matters within the remit of planning and environmental law
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a local authority with a large established legal team who continue to expand. As well as delivering legal services to its host local authority, the team has an extended client base and currently acts for a wide range of public bodies ranging from schools, fire authorities and charities.
Candidates from the private sector who are seeking to move across to the public sector can use this as an opportunity to use their commercial and business skills in a rewarding environment, whilst still earning a comparable salary.
To apply for this post please contact Emily Bulman at Chadwick Nott, Birmingham on 0121 200 5575 or email email@example.com
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.