Data Protection Lawyer - Compliance
Are you a qualified Solicitor of England & Wales (or equivalent)?
Do you have Data Protection and Compliance experience?
This Construction company is seeking a 1-4 years' PQE Data Protection Lawyer to join their legal team in Surrey, to provide Data Privacy and general Compliance advice to the business as the Data Protection Lawyer.
Reporting directly to the Data Protection Manager, you will advise the business on all aspects of Data Protection Law and assist with other Compliance related matters and initiatives.
You will also be expected to provide general legal advice to the business on an ad-hoc basis. Other responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Data Protection Manager with the day to day management and oversight of the GDPR Compliance programme;
- Providing strategic and legal support to other GDPR Privacy Team members (non-legal) and Data Protection colleagues;
- Maintaining records from the GDPR Privacy Team and manage the Retention Policy and Privacy Notices;
- Providing strategic support on the Data Protection aspects of new and existing projects (both client-side and group function), ensuring the business adopts a proactive approach to new privacy policies;
- Reviewing and negotiating third-party agreements and advising the business on the conduct of third-party due diligence.
This role would be best suited to someone who is 1-4 years' PQE, commercially focused, and a specialist in Data Protection Law or, has significant experience undertaking Data Protection matters. GDPR compliance experience is advantageous.
Contact me today to find out more email@example.com.