Employment Solicitor: Birmingham
2 days left
- Full time
Our client is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved several top rankings in Chambers UK 2016, they are immensely proud of the work they carry out for their clients and the culture they provide to their people.
The market leading Employment, Pensions and Immigration team advises employers across the UK on all aspects of employment, pensions and immigration law. Their clients are some of the UK's largest and best known employers. They believe that the quality of ther clients and strength of their relationships with their clients speaks volumes about the quality of the service they provide.
To form part of the Employment team, managing your own caseload of contentious and non-contentious work and providing advice to clients on all aspects of employment law including discrimination law, TUPE and Equal Pay.
- Manage own caseload of contentious cases including advocacy in the employment tribunal
- Provide advice to clients on all aspects of employment law both in person and on a telephone advice line
- Supervise junior employees
- Deliver training to clients
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
- Complete client MI procedures as and when required
- Adhere to Lexcel and organisation processes and procedures
This job spec is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to carry out other duties that fall within the remit of the role
The person specification
- Qualified as a solicitor, circa 2-4yrs PQE
- Excellent knowledge of employment law
- Employment tribunal experience
- Knowledge of equal pay will be advantageous
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Extensive experience of working effectively with others in a similar work setting
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.
Apply for Employment Solicitor: Birmingham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly