Locum Commercial Contracts & Procurement Lawyer
My client is a large local authority legal team in Hertfordshire. They are seeking to recruit a Commercial Lawyer to their team for an on-going, locum assignment whilst the authority recruit into the role permanently.
The council will consider full or part time applications and once you are settled into the post, the council will happily offer flexible and remote working. Hourly rate is circa £48 per hour (inside IR35) and this can be discussed upon application.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in local government or private practice advising on commercial law for the public sector. Applicants should be qualified solicitors, barristers or legal executives with strong PQE gained in the areas of commercial contracts and procurement. It is expected that the post holder will have strong negotiation and drafting skills and be able to work autonomously with little supervision.
Duties will include:
- Advising on commercial contracts, procurement and ancillary matters/documents
- Managing a personal caseload of varying complex matters including grant funding, consultancy arrangements, funding agreements, frameworks and initiatives
- Advising on company formation and contracting
- Giving internal advice to colleagues on new legislation relating to commercial contracts & procurement
- Drafting documentation including service level agreements
- Advising on Data Protection and FOI
- Providing ad hoc advice as and when required
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a local authority with a large established legal team who continue to expand. As well as delivering legal services to its host local authority, the team has an extended client base and currently acts for a wide range of public bodies ranging from schools, fire authorities and charities.
Candidates from the private sector who are seeking to move across to the public sector can use this as an opportunity to use their commercial and business skills in a rewarding environment, whilst still earning a comparable salary.
To apply for this post please contact Emily Bulman at Chadwick Nott, Birmingham on 0121 200 5575 or email email@example.com
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.