Corporate Solicitor: Birmingham
Our client is a prominent international law firm with a global reputation and they are looking for a further solicitor or experienced paralegal to join the corporate team in a transactional services position in the Bimingham office
The Transaction Services group has been designed primarily to sit alongside our private equity and M&A deal teams so that transactional due diligence is in the hands of experts who work alongside the deal teams to identify risk and work with the client and the deal team to ensure that risk is priced into the transaction and follow up actions delivered upon.
The Transaction Services team comprises a mix of dedicated paralegal support (for data room management, internal co-ordination and document review) and experts throughout the firm in specialist areas such as real estate, IP, commercial contracts, HR and pensions. These are people who work together often and know what to look for in due diligence exercises for corporate transactions.
Main Purpose of the Job
Lead on Transaction Services projects - coordinating, editing and presenting buy side due diligence reporting and coordinating/managing sell side data room services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Client interface
- Agreeing scopes
- Coordinating and managing cross firm specialists
- Client and deal team presentations
Key skills and experience
- M&A experience
- Ability to apply commercial solutions to legal problems
- Effective communication skills
- Due diligence reporting and data room experience useful but not essential.
- Experience of assisting partners and colleagues on a broad range of issues
In addition, we would look for the successful applicant to be:
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple matters across a diverse workload
- Able to work within a large team environment whilst still capable of working on their own initiative where appropriate
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive and enthusiastic
- Able to build strong relationships with clients
- Able to demonstrate strong IT skills
- Able to work well and remain calm under pressure
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.