Commercial Litigation Solicitor: Cheshire
Our client is a regional firm based in Cheshire and they are looking for a commercial litigation solicitor 3-6 PQE to join the team. Your caseload will cover all aspects of commercial litigation and dispute resolution. Excellent work/life balance
Assisting partners and conducting own work under partner supervision on a wide range of dispute resolution and commercial litigation matters.
The Department currently deals with;
- Commercial and Contract Disputes
- Professional Negligence
- Property Litigation
- IP and IT Disputes
- Commercial Agents Claims
- Company/Shareholder Disputes
- Insolvency Litigation
- Banking Claims
- Supervising Search Orders
- Injunctive Relief
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Aptitude to respond to clients' urgent requirements whilst maintaining and supporting the maintenance of a proper work/life balance.
- Give accurate prompt, realistic and relevant advice in response to clients' enquiries whilst managing their expectations.
- Gain an understanding of clients' requirements and how to achieve their needs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Actively work to convert enquiries into new matters.
- Support senior fee earners with marketing opportunities, including; writing blogs and press releases, and to be pro-active in networking and business development.
- Ensure proper file management.
- Ensure all time recording is accurate.
- Ensure billing is completed to agreed timescales.
- Maintain confidentiality in line with the firm's policies and procedures; including dealing with confidential documents.
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation, case law and carry out legal research.
- Promote and comply with legislation and the firm's policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others.
- Identify and undertake training and development as required in order to meet personal, SRA and business needs.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the level of the post so as to ensure the efficient running of Myerson.
This job information cannot be all encompassing. It is inevitable over time that the emphasis of the job will change without changing the general character of the job or the level of duties and responsibilities entailed. This information may be periodically reviewed, revised and updated in consultation with the post holder to reflect appropriate changes.
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Ability to work independently on own initiative but also with supervision
Strong organisational and time management skills
Excellent attention to detail
Ability to find sound solutions to complex legal issues
Ability to adapt quickly to new areas of law
Excellent client management and matter management skills
A team player
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EDUCATION
Education to degree-level or equivalent
Around 3-6 years' PQE with a leading firm
A flexible and can-do approach to fulfilling the duties of the post
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.