Data Protection Paralegal
This established UK not-for-profit is looking for a Data Protection Paralegal to join their busy Legal Team. Based in Surrey, this diverse role will involve negotiating contracts and advising all areas of the business, with some travel to other sites.
In addition to many fantastic benefits such as health care, gym membership and an interest-free season ticket loan, an agile working culture provides flexibility to work some days from home.
As a Data Protection Paralegal, you will be responsible for contract management, therefore strong contractual negotiations experience is essential in order to succeed in this role.
Although within a not-for-profit organisation, the ideal candidate will need proven experience working on Data Protection matters in a commercial environment.
Other duties will include:
- Liaising with internal Legal Counsels and Procurement Team to ensure contracts with clients and third parties protect the Charity;
- Advising on standard Data Protection clauses or drafting new clauses as required;
- Responding to tender questionnaires and information sharing agreements submitted as part of tender responses for clients concerning data privacy at the proposal stage;
- Project management of ad-hoc data protection initiatives;
- Assist the team as required with managing the Data Incident Process: responding to a range of data breaches, data privacy, and data security incidents and responding to business queries on Data Protection;
- Supporting and advising the business in dealing with new regulations (e.g. GDPR);
- Drafting and updating internal policies and procedures in line with legislative requirements and business policies and procedures.
If you are a Data Protection Paralegal with proven experience working in a commercial environment, contact me today for more detail email@example.com or call 020 7269 6367.