3 days left
- 4-6 years
Kennedys is looking for an employment lawyer with particular specialism in acting for NHS and other healthcare industry employers. Candidates must have significant experience of acting for the NHS and other healthcare industry employers. Successful candidates will be required to run their own caseload with appropriate partner support.
We are looking for candidates who are team players, who can develop and maintain excellent client relationships and who are keen to be involved in marketing/business development and client training activities. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply via our careers page here.
Type of Clients:
- Private healthcare providers
Type of Cases:
Respondent employment claims ranging in value and complexity covering the full range of employment disputes. The vast majority are litigated in the employment tribunal although we also act in civil claims.
Non contentious advisory matters ranging from day-to-day ad hoc advice to client HR teams and contract and policy drafting, to complex TUPE and collective redundancy situations, and trade union related matters, all as may be impacted upon by NHS or other healthcare-specific considerations.
- UK Qualified Solicitor, Foreign Qualified or CILEX qualified with the relevant experience.
- Strong Academics (2.1 or higher degree) or equivalent.
- 4-7 years’ respondent employment experience working for the healthcare industry, preferably the NHS*
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of employment law in England & Wales
- Significant experience and knowledge of employment tribunal processes and procedures
- Non-contentious employment experience
- Running own caseload
- Methodical and organised approach to file management and MI
- Experience acting for respondent clients with unionised workforces would be beneficial.
Kennedys is a global law firm with over 1,900 people worldwide across 37 offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and America.
We believe that supporting individual growth and development puts us in the best position to attract and retain talented individuals. Regardless of role or level, everyone has access to virtual learning opportunities to help you develop your skills when you need to, wherever you are in the world.
We value and support diversity as an equal opportunity employer. The environment we practice in is critical as individuals and as members of a cohesive team. We’ve created a culture based on client service, professional excellence, hard work and trust.
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.