Banking and Finance DCM Associate or Senior Associate Solicitor
PQE: 3 years +
Working hours: Full-time
Practice group: Banking & Finance
Our client is always looking to invest in the highest-quality talent, recognising that its success is built on the diverse and unique strengths of each of the members of the Firm.
Our client is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Our client is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Our client's polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work.
Our client’s Debt Capital Markets (DCM) team is looking for an associate to support international debt capital markets transactions. Ideally, the candidate will have significant experience within the debt capital markets team of an international law firm, working for underwriters and issuers in connection with international bond issues.
Our client frequently advises issuers in emerging markets transactions (including financial institution issuers and sovereigns, as well as corporates) and is increasingly working for lead managers.
Our client’s DCM team is part of a wider capital market group which also covers structured finance, securitisation and derivatives.
This role would be ideal for an ambitious Associate with at least 3 years + PQE.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating standard bond documentation;
- Drafting prospectuses for issuers across a range of industry sectors and jurisdictions;
- Taking a lead role in managing transactions, working directly with clients and other transaction parties;
- Managing and working with junior team members of the team.
Required experience, skills and attributes
- A strong academic background;
- DCM experience and legal expertise gained within a top-tier leading city firm including:
- Acting for underwriters on international DCM transactions and with a strong understanding of their key concerns;
- Drafting and negotiating standard DCM transaction documents;
- Acting for issuers and with strong disclosure drafting skills across a range of industry;
- sectors and markets (including, in particular, emerging market issuers);
- Detailed knowledge of listing rules, disclosure requirements and disclosure liability;
- Experience of both Regulation S and Rule 144A transactions;
- Experience of a range of different transaction structures (including stand-alone bonds, medium term note programmes, liability management transactions).
Experience of the following would be helpful but is not an absolute requirement:
- Liability management transactions;
- Sukuk transactions;
- Equity-linked bonds and Equity Capital Markets transactions.
The candidate will be keen to work on a range of different transaction structures - for example, sukuk and potentially equity capital markets transactions - and different industry participants.
- Proactive attitude;
- Is dedicated to exceptional client service;
- Excellent business development ability and demonstrates market focus;
- Strong financial and business awareness;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrates good judgment and resilience skills;
- Shows strong initiative and drive and takes control of own career development.
Our client is a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.