Locum Healthcare Regulatory Lawyer
This top tier law firm in Winchester has an exciting opportunity for a knowledgeable Health Care Regulatory Lawyer to join their team on an interim basis due to a particularly busy period. This fixed term locum position is well suited to an individual that is looking to handle a wide variety of work of varying complexity in a fast paced environment.
You will be responsible for giving expert legal advice on all aspects of regulatory law relating to the health sector, including fitness to practice, misconduct, and competence and health issues.
Duties will include
- Preparing case plans, procedural advice and corresponding with the defence
- Ensuring that all factual evidence required to prove the allegations is obtained
- Interviewing key witnesses in complex cases
- Supervising witness statements taken by paralegals
- Instructing experts and identifying if any amendments are necessary to the expert report
- Preparing instructions to counsel (both our internal advocates and the external bar)
- Attending conferences with counsel
- Ensuring that all action points following the conference are completed
- Drafting the charge or reviewing the draft charge against the evidence if drafted by counsel
- Carrying out disclosure of unused material
- Liaising with the defence in the run up to the hearing
- Supervising the preparation of the hearing bundle by the paralegal;
- Attending hearing at outset only, unless there are legal issues or problems with the case
- Seeking instructions from the client on any issues that arise in the course of the hearing
- Preparing final reports at the conclusion of a case
- Presenting cases to Practice Committees/Interim Orders Committees
To be successful in this post you will need:
- A qualification as a Solicitor or Barrister
- Experience advising/acting for regulatory bodies, in the health sector
- The ability to manage an investigatory caseload
- Enthusiasm to undertake varied and challenging work
The hourly rate offered will be between £40 and £60 per hour
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or to arrange a time for a confidential discussion
We look forward to your application.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.