Locum Adult Social Care Lawyer
This local authority legal team in the West Midlands has an exciting opportunity for a knowledgeable Adult Social Care Lawyer to join their team on an interim basis due to a particularly busy period. This locum position is well suited to an individual looking to handle a wide variety of work of varying complexity in a fast paced environment.
You will be responsible for giving expert legal advice on all aspects of adult social care law, including safeguarding, care homes, mental health, policies, social and community care, tribunals and health.
Duties will include:
- Undertaking Court of Protection welfare work
- Advising on mental capacity, community care, deprivation of liberty safeguards, mental health and safeguarding
- Provide clear advice to social workers on care issues such as ordinary residence, funding issues and Care Act responsibilities
To be successful in this post you will need to be/have:
- Admitted as a Solicitor/Barrister or FILEX
- Have strong and recent litigation experience handling Court of Protection or Deprivation of Liberty Cases
- Experience advising on the Care Act, mental capacity, community care and related law
- Be a strong team player who is happy working flexibly and collaboratively across the team
- Enjoy analysis and research
The hourly rate offered will be between £30 and £40 per hour
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or to arrange a time for a confidential discussion.
We look forward to your application.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.