Interim Monitoring Officer
This local authority senior management team in the East Midlands has an exciting opportunity for a qualified Solicitor to join them as interim Monitoring Officer.
This post can be worked on a full time or part time basis and is offering an hourly rate of £35 - £50 per hour.
Applicants must have worked in a local authority before as either Deputy Monitoring Officer or Monitoring Officer and have the authority, scope and gravitas to ensure that the Council, its officers, and its Elected Councillors, maintain the highest standards of conduct in all they do
Duties will include:
- reporting on contraventions of any rule of law and reporting
- establishing and maintaining registers of Members'interests and gifts and hospitality
- maintaining, reviewing and monitoring the Constitution
- advising Members on the interpretation of the Code of Conduct
- supporting the Accounts and Governance Committee
- conducting or delegating the conduct of investigations into misconduct
- performing ethical framework functions in relation to Parish Councils
- providing advice and training to District, Town and Parish Members in relation to the operation of the Code of Conduct
- acting as the Proper Officer for access to information
- advising whether executive decisions are within the budgetary and policy framework
- advising on viresissues, maladministration, impropriety and probity issues to all Members
- receiving reports and taking action under our Confidential Reporting Code
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or to arrange a time for a confidential discussion or call Emily on 0121 200 5575
We look forward to your application.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.