Construction Litigation Solicitor
Our client is a highly recognised medium-sized niche firm specialising in construction, litigation & dispute resolution, corporate, banking, employment, projects and property legal services to clients based throughout the United Kingdom.
Our client's Construction team is comprised of 11 (five partners, five solicitors, two paralegals and one trainee solicitor) and is divided into two sub-teams (contentious and non-contentious). Approximately three-quarters of our client's work is contentious.
This is an opportunity for an individual with a passion for construction law to join our client's busy construction department.
Our client is looking for an ambitious construction solicitor, who is prepared to work hard and go the extra mile, to hit the ground running and make their mark within a thriving construction department.
Duties and responsibilities include, but not exhausted to: -
* Responsible for the day to day running of files;
* Capable of drafting straight-talking advice;
* Advising on every aspect of construction contracts (e.g. payments, extensions of time, loss and expense, defects, procurement and insurance issues);
* Drafting submissions for adjudication and arbitration proceedings;
* Managing proceedings in the Technology & Construction Court;
* Amending and advising on contracts (e.g. building contracts, development agreements and agreements for lease, consultant's appointments, plus all supplementary documentation such as security documents, warranties, novation's and assignments);
* Interact directly with clients, manage their expectations, always meet deadlines and deliver on every promise;
* Organise and maintain tidy and accurate files both in hard copy and electronically;
* Prepare and deliver seminars and contribute to the department's publications;
* Follow department procedures, the Solicitors' accounts rules and the Firm's policies and procedures as detailed in the Staff Manual, including LEXCEL;
* Undertake such duties and tasks that are appropriate for the role of Solicitor such as changes in information systems and new technology as may reasonably be required.
You will be a 2-4pqe solicitor with contentious construction experience working within the property arena but with some non-contentious experience.
You will have: -
* worked, since qualification, as a full-time construction solicitor;
* a strong academic background, ideally gaining a 2:1 at degree level and a postgraduate course in construction law will be advantageous;
* a thorough understanding of the Housing Grants, Construction & Regeneration Act 1996, the Scheme for Construction Contracts (England & Wales) Regulations 1998 and the Civil Procedure Rules;
* excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with experience of drafting submissions in adjudication proceedings;
* experience in running own files;
* excellent attention to detail to produce work/documentation which is consistently of a high standard.
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.