Head of Real Estate PSL Team
Experience Level: Advanced
Working hours: Full-time
Team: Real Estate
Location: Flexible – any office
A leading UK law Firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard”. Investors in People, the Firm’s values and culture are not just words on their website but are the heartbeat of the Firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes this Firm a fantastic place to work.
Awarded Team of the Year in 2018 by Estates Gazette, this Firm’s Real Estate Division is one of the largest in the UK, being spread nationally and comprising 64 partners and 231 legal advisors in total. They represent an impressive range of clients from developers, investors and corporate occupiers through to banks and funders.
Leading a team of six professional support lawyers in the Real Estate Division, you will have responsibility for:
- Preparing, and keeping updated as required, the Real Estate Division’s knowledge management strategy in conjunction with the Real Estate Divisional Head
- Implementing the Real Estate Division’s knowledge management strategy within the core real estate team through the Real Estate PSL team
- Assisting the heads of the specialist teams within the Real Estate Division to deliver the same or similar outcomes for their teams, with or without a PSL as appropriate
- Line management of the Real Estate Division’s PSL team, including team meetings, regular one-to-one meetings and setting objectives for the team
- Liaising with the firm’s Director of Quality and Risk, Head of Knowledge Management, PSLs in the other divisions in the firm and others within and outside the firm, to help to implement the firm’s strategy and knowledge management strategy
- Liaising with the Head of the Conveyancing Team within the Private Client Division to ensure consistency (wherever appropriate) in conveyancing practices and procedures across the firm
- Raising the profile of the firm’s Real Estate Division through internal and external activities and appointments
Skills and Qualifications
We are looking to hear from experienced PSL candidates, ideally with management experience.
This Firm is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the Firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.