Construction Lawyer (contentious)
- PQE: NQ - 4 years
- Location: Guildford
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Hours: Full time
- Salary: Competitive
Our client, whose headquarters are in London, is a leading Legal 500 law firm with global reach. The firm has a full service offering with 12 broad legal disciplines and focusing on 10 industry sectors. The firm has 167 partners and over 500 lawyers in total. The firm has an unusually broad range of skills and experience across the full spectrum of business and personal needs and their clients vary from national and international organisations of all sizes, public sector bodies and also private clients.
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for an NQ - 4 PQE Associate to join its Guildford team. The role will suit someone who has excellent people skills and who is looking to develop their career within a friendly collegiate team that is widely recognised for its expertise in this area. The role will focus on primarily contentious work.
- Provide legal advice to clients in a succinct, practical and persuasive manner
- Manage a substantial and varied workload efficiently and cost effectively with supervision, appropriate to level of expertise
- Draft more complex documents with minimum instruction and supervision, making use of appropriate precedents
- Apply a commercial approach to research and evaluate relevance and accuracy in delivery of advice
- Delegate, co-ordinate and supervise the work of more junior members of the team as appropriate
- Actively participate in client marketing opportunities such as client seminars, presentations and pitches
- Identify client opportunities and take appropriate steps to follow through
- Contribute to group knowledge and know-how initiatives
- Be confident to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills
- Be organised and capable of running a significant number of files and work matters simultaneously
- Have the ability to develop effective working relations at all levels
- Be confident in both verbal and written communication with a diverse range of clients
- Have a flexible approach and willing to go the extra mile
Apply for This Role
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like to find out more information, please submit your CV below and we will contact you.
Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.