Working hours: Full-time
Practice group: Business Services
Our client, whose headquarters are in London, is a leading Legal 500 law firm with global reach. The Firm has a full service offering with 12 broad legal disciplines and focusing on 10 industry sectors. The Firm has 167 partners and over 500 lawyers in total. The Firm has an unusually broad range of skills and experience across the full spectrum of business and personal needs and their clients vary from national and international organisations of all sizes, public sector bodies and also private clients.
The Business Services Division through the corporate/commercial team provides a full range of corporate and commercial legal services throughout all stages of the business life cycle - from start up to financing, mergers and acquisitions, investments, joint ventures, strategic alliances, restructuring and winding up. The division also advise on commercial contracts, complex outsourcing and service level agreements, franchising, fundraising, sponsorship, agency, procurement and supply arrangements.
Having a large corporate and commercial team (across all offices), the Firm have extensive experience to draw upon. The Corporate Finance team advises on a broad range of high-profile UK and cross-border mergers, acquisitions and disposals (both public and private) as well as IPO’s and offerings of securities on the Official List, and AIM and private placements, acting for issuers, financial advisers and brokers.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Providing key support within the team on a variety of corporate transactions, including public and private M&A, IPOs, offers of securities, private equity and other third party investment into private companies and joint ventures
- Drafting and, as appropriate, negotiating related transaction documents
- Assisting with due diligence processes by co-ordinating the due diligence team across the firm, reviewing corporate and commercial documents, compiling relevant reports and identifying the key issues (whether corporate or otherwise) including liaising with and managing international legal counsel where appropriate.
- Advising (managing and leading) on the key transaction documentation for asset and share sale and purchase agreements for transactions of varying value levels.
- Undertaking corporate reorganisations and restructuring work and putting in place documentation to reflect a range of business ownership structures, such as shareholders' agreements, LLP members' agreements and partnership agreements.
- Assisting on investment advisory mandates negotiating shareholder agreements, share rights agreements, co-investment agreements, drafting and negotiating constitutional documents and ancillary related documentation.
- Delivering advice to clients on general corporate issues, company law and company secretarial matters and the Takeover Code, Listing Rules and AIM Rules
- Drafting, reviewing and advising upon commercial contracts including distribution and agency agreements and standard terms of business
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Technical expertise and ability to not only research and advise on the law but also to apply that advice to the reality of the situation encountered
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Commercial awareness, financial acumen and businesslike approach to legal practice and practice development
- Reliability and commitment
- Team skills
- Effective decision making and judgment
- Organisational ability
- Willingness to travel and move in between Charles Russell offices
- Experience of international work
Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.
Apply for This Role
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like to find out more information, please submit your CV below and we will contact you.
More searches like this
- Corporate 1-3 years Private Practice £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in Cheltenham
- Commercial contracts 1-3 years Private Practice £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in Cheltenham
- M&A 1-3 years Private Practice £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in Cheltenham
- Equity Capital Markets 1-3 years Private Practice £70,000 - £99,999 jobs in Cheltenham