Commercial Dispute Resolution Lawyer
Working hours: Full-time
Practice group: CDR
Our client, whose headquarters are in London, is a leading Legal 500 law firm with global reach. The Firm has a full service offering with 12 broad legal disciplines and focusing on 10 industry sectors. The Firm has 167 partners and over 500 lawyers in total. The Firm has an unusually broad range of skills and experience across the full spectrum of business and personal needs and their clients vary from national and international organisations of all sizes, public sector bodies and also private clients.
The Commercial Dispute Resolution (CDR) London team is made up of five Partners, six Senior Associates, six Associates, one Paralegal and three Trainee Solicitors. This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of the Firms busiest disciplines. The CDR team has considerable breadth and depth with expertise across a variety of sectors and services.
The Firm’s sector expertise includes:
- energy and natural resources
- financial services
- IT and communications
- luxury retail
The Firm’s services expertise includes:
- bribery and corruption matters
- contractual disputes
- crisis management (including corporate criminal/regulatory liability)
- financial services claims
- fraud and asset tracing matters
- inquest / public inquiry
- intellectual property and IT disputes
- minority shareholder actions
- professional negligence
- shareholder activism
The role will cover a wide range of Commercial Dispute related work. This is a role with considerable client contact, a large amount of responsibility and experience of a wide variety of disputes, often involving complex international subject matters.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate must:
- Demonstrate good judgement and a good legal and commercial understanding of client’s particular needs
- Understands scope of task, manages time effectively and performs well under time and work pressures
- Take a ‘hands on’ approach to managing own files and a broad case load
- Work closely with and support more senior fee earners and Partners in more complex disputes involving companies and individuals in a variety of industries and sectors.
- Engage in client marketing and business development activities including attending internal and external events
- Draft more complex documents with minimum instruction and supervision
- Provide client advice in a succinct, practical and persuasive manner
- Apply a commercial approach to research and evaluate relevance and accuracy in delivery of advice
- Contribute to divisional knowledge and know-how initiative’s
- Be a strong team player
- Build rapport with clients and develops an effective working relationship
- Attend and assist in organising and hosting of client marketing events
- Flexible and willing to go the extra mile
- Have excellent all round IT skills, MS Office including Excel and Word
Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.
Apply for This Role
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like to find out more information, please submit your CV below and we will contact you.