Energy, Transport and Infrastructure Lawyer
PQE: 2 years
Working hours: Full-time
Reports to: Partner
Practice group: Energy, Transport & Infrastructure
Our client is always looking to invest in the highest-quality talent, recognising that its success is built on the diverse and unique strengths of each of the members of the Firm.
Our client is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Our client is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Our client's polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work.
This Firm is the largest energy practice in the world according to industry ranking by Law360 and is the UK law firm most consistently ranked in Tier 1 in Chambers and the Legal 500 for Energy since records began over 15 years ago. They pride themselves on understanding the energy industry and realising the opportunities within traditional sectors as well as new technologies. Upstream or downstream, from exploration and generation to marketing and retail, the Firm provides innovative advice and insight from a global perspective. They help equip businesses with effective solutions across the energy sector, from transactional and regulatory advice to political guidance and dispute resolution.
Infrastructure and Project Finance
The Firm’s Infrastructure practice is one of the largest and most experienced of any international law firm. It combines a deep and current legal expertise with sophisticated marketplace knowledge and industry expertise. The Firm regularly act for project companies, developers, banks, investors, multilateral agencies, contractors, governments and other public sector bodies. They are active in all infrastructure sectors across the globe, and regularly act on rail, airports, health, education, roads, bridges and tunnels, prisons, public buildings, housing, water, wastewater, waste, defence and information technology projects.
Purpose of Role
The Firm’s market-leading energy practice sits within their Energy, Transport & Infrastructure group and encompasses a wide range of areas: oil and gas, electricity, renewables and nuclear.
The Firm have an immediate opportunity for an associate to join the team. They are looking for candidates with two years ‘experience in a common law jurisdiction. It is important that the successful candidate is able to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients. The successful individual can expect to work independently within a collegiate environment.
In this role you can expect:
- A varied role - you will work throughout the Firm’s energy sectors, disciplines and teams
- You will develop your career in one of the world's leading energy specialists, working alongside some of the industry's best-known practitioners
- The Firm are committed to training and supporting you to be the best energy lawyer you can be
- You will be working on a variety of UK and international projects and career prospects are excellent
Technical Skills (Essential)
- Ability to work with a degree of independence
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional drafting skills
- Exceptional legal research ability
Technical Skills (Desirable)
- Experience of working with international clients in the energy sector
- Experience of preparing and participating in pitches to clients
Personal Skills / Attributes
- Team player
- Excellent academic results
- Committed to developing your own career
- A 'can do' attitude and genuine enthusiasm for the energy industry
- Projects or corporate or finance or regulatory experience in the energy sector
- Experience of complex commercial contracts, transactions and regulator issues
- The ability to take responsibility to manage your own workload, with attention to detail
- Excellent team and client management skills
- Entrepreneurial vision and a desire to get involved with business development
- A willingness to travel
- Fluency in a second language preferred
Our client is a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.
More searches like this
- Energy 1-3 years Private Practice £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Transport 1-3 years Private Practice £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Aviation 1-3 years Private Practice £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Rail 1-3 years Private Practice £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Shipping 1-3 years Private Practice £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in London (Central)