Probate Associate Solicitor
Working hours: Full-time
Practice group: Tax, Trusts and Succession Group
Our client, whose headquarters are in London, is a leading Legal 500 law firm with global reach. The Firm has a full service offering with 12 broad legal disciplines and focusing on 10 industry sectors. The Firm has 167 partners and over 500 lawyers in total. The Firm has an unusually broad range of skills and experience across the full spectrum of business and personal needs and their clients vary from national and international organisations of all sizes, public sector bodies and also private clients.
Our client is looking for a Private Client Probate Associate PQE 4-6+ who specialises in all matters relating to probate and estate administration. This role sits within the Tax, Trusts and Succession Group of the Private Client Division in the Firm’s Cheltenham office.
The role will report directly to the Head of Trusts and Probate. The other key liaison relationships are:
- Partners and other fee earners
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will need to be able to handle the administration of estates from beginning to end. Have experience in dealing with complex intestacies, Inheritance Tax payable estates, cross-border succession and Deeds of variation. The estates in question will often be complex, involving trusts and inheritance tax planning, and of high value. It is important that the successful candidate has had experience in the following:
- Collating information about the deceased’s estate in a thorough and sensitive way
- Liaising with third parties to obtain key bits of information about the deceased and the deceased’s assets
- Analysing trust provisions in a Will and advising the executors and trustees accordingly
- Advising on the inheritance tax position of an estate, including the availability of the Residence Nil Rate Band
- Advising on cross-border issues and liaising with foreign advisers, as and when it is appropriate to do so
- Providing detailed scopes of work and realistic costs estimates up to the grant of representation and beyond.
- Be confident to work as part of a team
- Demonstrate excellent client management skills
- Delegate, co-ordinate and supervise the work of more junior members of the team as required
- Be organised and have the authority to tackle difficult issues as and when they arise
- Be capable of running a significant number of files and work matters simultaneously
- Have the ability to develop effective working relations at all levels
- Be confident in both verbal and written communication with a diverse range of clients
- Have a flexible approach and willing to go the extra mile
- Ideally be STEP qualified
- Excellent knowledge of the law in relation to administration of estates
- A thorough understanding of inheritance tax and trusts
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and be able to develop and maintain client relationships amongst a diverse group of clients
- Possess excellent team working skills with the ability to work with colleagues of all levels, including mentoring and guiding less experienced members of the team as required
- Highly computer literate and have experience working with computerised
- Probate software
Our client is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.
Apply for This Role
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like to find out more information, please submit your CV below and we will contact you.
More searches like this
- Private Client 4-6 years Private Practice £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Cheltenham
- Trust Litigation 4-6 years Private Practice £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Cheltenham
- Wills & Probate 4-6 years Private Practice £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Cheltenham
- Tax 4-6 years Private Practice £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Cheltenham