Interim Head of Fraud, Risk & Insurance Services
This council in the South West are seeking to recruit an Interim Head of Internal Audit, Fraud, and Risk & Insurance to their team for an initial 12 week period that may be extended depending upon the success of their own permanent recruitment.
You will be responsible for providing the Council and its companies with high quality internal audit, counter-fraud, risk management and insurance services, ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory and professional requirements for all services within the team.
You will provide leadership to staff and work with partners, colleagues, senior management and members to ensure the successful delivery of all organisational aims and objectives.
Duties will include:
- Undertaking the role of Chief Audit Executive for the Council and its group of companies
- Leading the Service on a day to day basis
- Acting as Lead Officer in supporting and advising the Audit Committee
- Ensuring sound internal control and governance arrangements exist throughout the Council, working closely with the Monitoring Officer on the annual review of governance arrangements for the Council
- Managing contracts for the provision of internal audit, insurance and other services as appropriate
- Leading the Council in its counter fraud activities
- Leading on strategic risk arrangements within the Council
- Access to own vehicle
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of the law and government policy in relation to Audit, Fraud and Insurance
- Leadership experience in audit, corporate fraud, risk management and insurance functions at management level either within a local authority or another organisation of comparable scope and complexity
- Understanding of the statutory framework within which local government operates
- CCAB qualification or CMIIA qualification would be advantageous
A daily rate of £600 - £700 per day will be paid and determined upon experience. The successful candidate will be required to get an enhanced DBS check.
To apply please email Emily Bulman on email@example.com with a copy or your CV.
We look forward to your application.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
More searches like this
- Banking/Finance Public Sector Position £100,000 or more jobs in South West England
- Regulatory/Compliance Public Sector Position £100,000 or more jobs in South West England
- Crime Public Sector Position £100,000 or more jobs in South West England
- Fraud Public Sector Position £100,000 or more jobs in South West England
- Insurance/Reinsurance Public Sector Position £100,000 or more jobs in South West England