Information Governance Paralegal
An opportunity has arisen for a temporary Information Governance Paralegal or Legal Officer to join the busy legal services team at a public sector organisation in Chester.
This is a short term assignment and therefore will suit candidates on short notice or who are immediately available.
The role requires you to manage a caseload of subject access requests and answering them within the statutory timeframe.
Duties will include:
- Liaising with in house departments
- Liaising with senior managers, press team and Calidicott Guardian
- Application and explanation of exemptions
- Redaction and full record-keeping of decision making required
To be successful in you post you will need:
- Recent practical experience of answering Subject Access Requests under the Data protection Act 2018
- Full knowledge of this legislation and GDPR
- Additional knowledge of other information legislation FOIA and EIR
- To be able to work with limited supervision reviewing and redacting information for disclosure
- Able to evidence this work and justify their redaction by application of DPA exemptions
Hourly rate is set at £17 per hour via an umbrella company (PAYE equivalent rates are also available)
To apply for this post please contact Emily Bulman at Chadwick Nott, Birmingham on 0121 200 5575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.