Reporting to the General Counsel at this rapidly expanding industrial group, that operates nationwide and has ambitions for a flotation in the medium term. As the 2nd lawyer to join the company, you will undertake a broad ranging commercial role with some corporate work from time to time when acquisitions are being undertaken. This role offers direct exposure to the CEO and offers a self-starter to grow with the company and make a highly visible impact with his/her actions.
Key duties include:
- Assist the Group General Counsel to grow the in-house team and develop a best-in-class legal service provider to complement the business' growth ambitions.
Principal areas of focus for the role will involve advising in respect of:
- commercial arrangements relating to various types of supply, purchasing, logistics, rail, marine, materials handling and commercial joint ventures;
- construction and infrastructure projects; and
- M&A and general corporate matters.
- Assist with regulatory matters that may arise involving the Health and Safety Executive, the Environment Agency or the Competition and Markets Authority.
- The role will require a close working relationship with the various business divisions, which shall enhance an appreciation of the practical operational risks faced and emphasise where value is best provided from a legal perspective.
- The successful candidate may, to an extent, have sufficient flexibility to develop the role in a manner that benefits both themselves and the business.
- The role will be based in the Executive Office in Central London, with travel to offices and sites across the UK being work-dependent.
- Commercial/corporate experience is essential for this role and construction experience would be a plus.
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott on 0203-096-4549 or at email@example.com
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.