Leading not-for-profit organisation that is funded by its members is now seeking an assistant Company Secretary: it is owned and funded by major stakeholders in the industry, and is independent of any one party.
Providing strategic direction within and leading a small team, you will be central to governance operations and for the delivery of Company Secretariat activities, ensuring and its subsidiaries operates within their statutory and governance framework.
Working closely with and supporting the board and Executive Committee (ExCo) to deliver a first-class secretariat service, you will play a critical role in ensuring communication between the Board of Directors and Company Stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide high level, proactive support to the Boards and Committee Chairpersons
- Provide ongoing accurate information and apply excellent communication and stakeholder management skills ath the highest level, to the Board of Directors, chairpersons, senior leadership team and senior external stakeholders.
- Notifying members of any Board approved decisions and resolutions in accordance with the Constitution and related documents.
- Ensuring minutes, director contracts, member accession agreeemtns and other contracts are appropriately signed and securely filed.
- Support the Company Secretary in fulfilling their role and alerting them to any statutory/governance issues.
- Gathering information for the the annual report
- Ensuring all statutory filings are prepared and submitted to Companies House in an accurate and timely manner
- Managing the appointment process for new, non-executive board directors.
- ICSA qualification desirable
- Relevant company secretary experience
- A thorough knowledge of the Companies Act 2006
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of stakeholders and commercial needs.
- Ability to be flexible and manage your own workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.