Legal and Compliance at Tessian
We're looking for a Paralegal to join our growing team at Tessian! This role will support Tessian's Legal, Risk and Compliance function with an element of legal administration and legal support work.
You will report to the Head of Legal and Compliance and work closely with other internal stakeholders. This role requires a capable individual, ready and willing to wear many hats.
You'll be smart, have great attention to detail and be very organised! If you are a self-starter and agile learner, able to run with a given task through research, implementation and follow-up, this could be a great, challenging, and rewarding position.
This is a great opportunity for a brilliant and diligent individual to help shape Legal and Compliance at Tessian and develop great skills in an empowering environment.
Some of the things you could get involved in
- Legal administration - document management to ensure all legal documents are to hand, up to date. Assisting with updating legal documents on SalesForce and internal records.
- Legal research & document creation
- Working to ensure that all Tessian policies are procedures are relevant and updated accordingly. Liaising with the engineering team to ensure the same for engineering
- GDPR compliance - assisting with carrying out data protection impact assessments where there are processes leading to likely high risk to individuals
- Insurance - responsibility for Tessian’s insurance and that it remains up to date and acceptable levels for the business
- Supporting the Sales team with due diligence questionnaires, to help speed up client procurement. This will also require working closely with the engineering team
- Assisting with and helping to formalise and streamline our procurement processes. Ensuring suitable due diligence is conducted on all incoming vendors (in regards to security and data protection)
- Vendor management - an ongoing evaluation of current vendors that Tessian uses to ensure that they remain secure, and right for Tessian
- Auditing - being involved in Tessian’s biannual auditing. Assisting with ensuring readiness, and also for remediation plans and activities, where relevant.
We’d love to meet someone who
- Has a relevant degree and/or paralegal experience
- Is a self-starter & is excited to have accountability & ownership of the areas in their remit
- Has excellent attention to detail
- Has professionally fluent written English
- Any knowledge of Data Protection legislation would be a bonus (although not a requirement)
- Is comfortable working autonomously but is also a team player
- Possesses very strong organisational skills
Why we think you’ll love it here
- You’ll work alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues
- We offer a competitive salary and equity options with every role, with annual salary reviews.
- Everyone gets 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
- Company contributions are made towards your pension
- You’ll get a high quality MacOS tech kit to work on
- One week of remote working from abroad per year
- We have regular communal company lunches, and regular team socials and activities
- Fully stocked kitchen with plenty of office snacks including fruit, nuts, bread, cereals, and amazing coffee
- We offer a cycle to work scheme, eye-care vouchers and childcare vouchers
- Parents and carers are guaranteed one day per week of work-from-home, and we'll give you an extra day of annual leave to take your child to their first day of nursery and primary school.
- If you’re coming from abroad, we’ll provide relocation assistance. Over 25% of the company is international and we’re always as supportive as we can be in helping people make the move