IN-HOUSE Data Protection Compliance Lawyer - US law firm
IN-HOUSE Data Protection Compliance Lawyer
- Are you an experienced Data Protection Associate looking to work in-house for a US Law Firm?
- Are you considering a step away from a fee earning role?
- Are you already in-house in a Data Protection Compliance role looking for a new challenge?
- Are you considering full time and/or part-time roles?
Pro-Legal have been instructed on an in-house role with a leading US Law firm looking for an in-house Data Protection Compliance Lawyer to join their London office.
This particular client has offices across the US, Asia, Europe and Australia. Although this client is a leading US Law firm, the European presence is well established and they have a good level of autonomy over their European offices.
Having met with the recruiting Partner and Counsel this week, they are looking for an experienced UK qualified Lawyer, who has a wealth of Data Protection experience. They anticipate this role will likely be around 75% Data Protection matters and the rest split across SRA Compliance and some AML work. This being said, the role is fluid for the right candidate and previous AML experience is not a requirement.
This client is looking for an experienced England & Wales qualified Lawyer, who has c.4+ years of relevant Data Protection and Compliance experience. This is an ideal opportunity for someone either looking to take a step away from fee earning, or who is already in a similar role looking to join a leading US firm who has been growing steadily in London.
Full time or part-time would be considered for this role.
This client offers a smaller team environment, with a high level of autonomy in this role. They are looking for an experienced Lawyer who enjoys the in-house side of Data Protection and Compliance matters. Personality is key for this hire as they are looking for a personable individual who is keen to work in a leaner team.
The ideal candidate will be working closely with a highly regarded Regulatory Partner and a highly regarded Data Protection Counsel, who are based in the London office. They will also be working closely with a colleague based in the States and will be working on issues affecting their European offices, so good communication skills are key.
The successful candidate will likely have:
- England and Wales qualified Lawyer
- Have 4+ years relevant Data Protection experience
- Enjoy autonomy and working in a lean team structure
- Either be looking for a move away from fee earning or in a similar role