Legal Affairs Officer
Legal Affairs Officer Wanted
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a legal affairs officer for a permanent role, based in a prestigious in-house organisation in a great location.
The successful candidate will be part of an organisation that offers a comprehensive service for academics wishing to undertake consultancy work and clients wishing to commission experts on a consultancy basis. The successful candidate will be engaging with world-leading academic experts and facilities, they will also engage with internal clients to find, engage and deliver external consultancy work and help protect them from the associated risks.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an organisation that is a gateway in accessing the expertise of leading academic staff. This organisation connects experts with national and international organisations that are seeking to resolve specific, targeted problems or gain critical advantage in their market.
Their services are organised into four areas:
· Academic consultancy
· Expert witness services
· Bespoke short courses
· Testing & analysis services
The day to day duties of the legal affairs officer will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Director of Legal Affairs and Senior Counsel IP in their provision of legal services and intellectual property (IP) advice to University College London (UCL), the commercial teams of UCLB and external parties.
- Responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating Material Transfer Agreements and Non-Disclosure Agreements on behalf of UCL, in addition to drafting Assignment and Revenue Sharing Agreements prior to commercialisation of IP.
- Draft and review Heads of Terms, Licences and Research Collaboration Agreements with academic and pharmaceutical multinationals under Senior Counsel IP’s supervision, further, to advising UCLB on Service Agreements and related T&Cs.
- Prepare Consultancy Agreements for industry experts advising UCLB on the development potential of new IP and the best route to market such IP, further, to preparing Board reports using Microsoft Excel.
- Manage UCLB’s patent portfolio on the Inteum database and liaise with patent attorneys, notary publics and UCL inventors to ensure the completion of patent application documentation within strict deadlines.
This position would be ideal for a committed and dedicated legal affairs officer who is looking to challenge themselves within a collegiate and friendly team environment. The salary offered is competitive and a great opportunity to work in a prestigious in-house organisation, with 39 days paid holiday a 16% pension pay in scheme and lots of other benefits.
Due to the high number of applicants for this role if you do not hear back from us regarding this locum role within seven days then you have not been shortlisted for this vacancy.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
If you or anyone you know may be interested in this locum position or other legal positions, then please contact Greg Proctor or email email@example.com.